Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

It's been a while since I last blogged, probably because we haven't been doing any work on the house but mostly to do with Cara taking up so much time and it hasn't been top on the list of things to do!  However that is all going to change - at least I hope!  There is change number one ;)

John and I have been motivated by the spring weather and the desire to get our daughter into her own room so we can have ours back, to start a push and getting things moving again on the house.  There are only a couple of big jobs left and then A LOT of painting and touch ups/finishing touches to complete the house and make it look good.  We recently ordered new windows for the whole house, so stay tuned for a blog on those once they are installed.  We've also began some painting and changing some of what we had originally done.

For anyone following my blog, will remember that when we redid the living room, we decided on grey with a green accent (for those who don't follow it, check out my Home Reno 2.0 series for reference - Home Reno 2.8 if you want to only see what I'm talking about).  I was never keen on the green, but John really liked it so I went with it (mainly because I knew we weren't staying here forever haha!).  However, over time John has decided that the green may be a bit too much for people who may be buying, so he's decided that we need to paint over all the green!  Ironically, I'm a bit sad because I've become accustom to it and thinks it suits our space, but alas, we are not staying, so again I'm going with it.

We've begun with painting the mantle from green back to white.  I can tell you that as the person who has painted this mantle twice in a matter of years, I hope that this is the last time I do this!!  The white has really given the room a different look, with the light that comes in from the patio door, it reflects onto the grey, making it look lighter.  Here are a couple pictures of the transformation...

All prepped and ready to go!

First coat done

Final product!
 Next up for the mantel - new glass doors which were broken the month after John moved in and then to do something with the brass!

Next up on the house - prep and paint Cara's room!  Can't happen soon enough ;)

Speaking of Cara, she's a joy these days!  She's really found her voice, going from one octave to another in two seconds flat, aslso full of "ba-ba-ba", "da-da-da" and "ma-ma-ma".  She's also learned that if she rolls onto her stomach and then cry because she won't roll back, that one of us will come get her (however I watched her this morning roll from her back to her tummy and then back to her back when she didn't know I was watching).  We had our first swimming lesson today, she was captivated by all that was going on, as there is an aqua fitness class in the other pool beside us going on. She can also sit up on her own, although I wouldn't walk too far from her when she's doing it unless she's got padding all around, even though she's learning that if she tips one way, she needs to tip back the other way (yesterday she overcompensated and fell over the other way!).  AND we have our first tooth coming in!   Last night she woke up around 9, we gave her some time to go down on her own, but eventually we had to go get her, as soon as I got my finger in her mouth I felt how swollen her gum was!  Poor thing, not easy having teeth break through!

I must run now as she's awake and crying.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment