Monday, January 12, 2015

Kitchen 2.0!

It's been a while since I have written a blog entry, which I have finally decided to remedy!  You see, it was a VERY busy fall, preparing for our baby to be born, impromptu add on to the kitchen renos, having the baby, adjusting to the baby and then Christmas. Now that all of that is behind me, I am hoping to start updating my blog, as my little bundle of joy will allow me!  For now I will begin with the impromptu kitchen reno and then move into the birth and life with Cara in the following weeks!  

Okay, so my last kitchen reno blog made it sound like we were all done the kitchen, that was because we thought we were.  However, leading up to the long weekend in September, we had been discussing putting in a backsplash in the kitchen.  We had debated it so much, but finally the week leading up to the long weekend we just decided to do it.  We went out and got what we needed and got to work and finished it all up by Monday!  All I can say is that being 8 months pregnant and doing that was extremely difficult!!  Besides the fact that I was big, tired and swollen from just carrying around the baby, I was having a difficult time getting in close enough to clean the tiles off due to my stomach and the counter...more than once I made some negative frustrated comment about it, however I made it through and we are so pleased with the results! We really feel like it gives the kitchen a more completed look as before it just looked like it was missing something.  Here are some pictures of the work and final product!

Getting started, cleaning off the walls and taping/protecting the countertops

The tiles...John and I went back and forth on these.  I loved them
but for some reason he didn't think that they would work...he was wrong.

John's set up to cut the tiles...very safe...

Getting the tiles up!



One wall completed!


Almost done, just finishing up the little pieces around the plugs.


All up!

The grouting has begun!

John put so much on that it took forever to clean off...and I mean
FOREVER!

My swollen feet, I was little help one evening, as I needed to just sit down

Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning...


All done!  Now to just clean up the tools!


The completed product!


No comments:

Post a Comment