Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Cubbie Bear Cake

Another busy month is behind us.  It seems like it's never ending here, plus having a baby doesn't help!  We have painted over our gray walls (although I haven't taken any pictures of it yet), it looks really nice all the one colour, very professional and complete.  We've also moved some furniture around in the living room to open it up more, which I really like. I'm not saying I still don't want to move, but I do like the house more as we work on it. 

Besides working on the house, we have been doing work outside, cleaning up the yard and gardens, John's been working on Cara's dresser and we had Cara dedicated this past weekend.  Despite the party girl being overtired and not handling being with anyone but mommy and daddy, the whole day went well.  No crazy outburst in front of the church, lots of food, lovely visits with our families and a beautiful day to sit outside and eat.  Couldn't have asked for a better day!

In the midst of all this, Cubbies came to an end for the year and I decided to celebrate by making a Cubbie Bear cake for the kids, by shaping the cake into a bear.  I have seen this how to on Pinterest and know a friend who has done it and it looked super cute, so I thought that I would give it a try.  It turned out great!  All the kids and adults loved it.  The whole thing didn't take me as long as I expected, just an afternoon to shape and decorate the whole thing.  I was expecting to spend the afternoon, evening and next morning doing it - only because I expected to be interrupted a lot, however Cara got the memo and slept almost the whole time!  Here's a few pictures of the progression of the cake...

All cut and pieced together

All the pieces are iced together and the decorating
has begun!

The completed product!  
Well it seems like my time is up as someone has woken up!  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment